Friday, June 5, 2015

IB History Summer Prep

I have made a folder on the Google Drive that is FULL of stuff to help you through IB History next year:  IB History Prep Readings (Summer B4 11th Grade)

I suggest that you start with the basics like annotating, OPVL, IB Command Terms, Skim Reading, etc.  Then read through the "World Brief Survey" readings - go back to at least #6 - Revolutions and move forward from there.  If you are geeked out, go back and start from the beginning.

From there, check out the Historiography readings.

Then you can look at the IB Folders - which show you what you've signed up for in terms of the IB Exam and the research paper (Internal Assessment - Historical Investigation).

If you've found yourself with even more time and a passion for history, plow through the other, introductory/survey readings.

I'll make a Year 2 Folder next year if you are interested - just remind me!

Lastly - watch the Crash Course World History videos from John Green.  If you can, download them from youtube and then play them back on your computer at about 85% speed using VLC video player - he goes insanely fast.  But his stuff is spot-on, interesting, and relevant.

As always, I will be somewhere in the building available to help you if you have any questions, need advice, or just want to bounce ideas off my brain.

While I'm bummed not to be teaching IB next year, I look forward to helping any and all who want/need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment